Reviews & Awards
In 2010, Bistro Casanova received the ‘Aipono Award for Best New Restaurant in Maui (Maui No Ka Oi readers' survey).
In 2011, Bistro Casanova received the ‘Aipono award for Best Business Lunch in Maui and was voted Best Business Lunch in Maui by Maui Time and Maui News Readers' survey.
If you're expecting a reincarnation of the Upcountry Casanova, clear your mind and your palate—Bistro Casanova has its own distinct personality and flavor. The restaurant is appointed in shades of blue, with dark wood furniture that, along with the driftwood art installation by Piero Resta and blue sky frescos on the ceiling, lend the place a nautical vibe.
There's a lot of diversity packed into the evening menu. Carafes (La Caraffa $10) of wine (or margaritas or mojitos) and a tapas ($5-9) menu make it easy for a casual gathering of friends pre- or post-show.
Of course you'll find Italian favorites: a list of pastas like the Linguine ai Funghi, a wild mushroom in cream sauce ($12) and the meaty Tagliatelle alla Bolognese ($14). But what you don't expect is the infusion of Spanish, Mediterranean and French cuisines. Duck graces the menu from the Quawck Salad ($12) to a rich roasted leg of duck in the Duck Confit ($20). Some friends nearby had the Paella ($28), which serves two, and admitted the flavors were exactly like what they had in Spain.
— Maui Time Weekly, Jen Russo
Sorry for the troubles, the reviews will be back up and working tomorrow [5/14]
- When it opened we had high expectations that Bistro Casanova would be the answer to the shortage of great lunch place in Kahului. It's filled the bill nicely.
— What's cooking Maui.
- We live here in Kihei, Maui and we are so happy to have a place like the Bistro to go to. The food is always delicious! My favorite is the ravioli. My boyfriend likes their version of spaghetti and meatballs (forget the name of the dish), it's very flavorful. Their salads are good too. And don't forget to get a cocktail! Especially the crimson cosmo.
- Trust me, Maui has very few places with actual good food. The food here is generally sub-par at best, including the "expensive" restaurants. We've been to them ALL... and the Bistro makes the top of our list.
— Urbanspoon reviewer.
- Excellent food with great prices. Small but good wine selection. Recommend the pastas (especially the Osso Bucco fettucini) and crepes, and the Tapas menu is good also. Don't forget to ask for a bread basket.
— Urbanspoon reviewer.
- Great little tapas bar menu and a busy bar scene for happy hour. Restaurant has consistently good Mediterranean style fare. The squid ink pasta with smoked salmon and tobiko is amazing. Portions are generous. The dessert crepes with nutella and bananas are a favorite. Definitely the best place to eat in Kahului/Wailuku area.
— Open Table diner 6/2011.
- This is the first time we've eaten there since the restaurant was remodeled. Not only was the ambiance improved, the food was, too. Everyone in our group of 6 adults and 1 child had a great time and enjoyed the food and atmosphere immensely. Although we didn't have dessert (too full...in fact some of us took food home); we did have appetizers and drinks with a total bill including tip of just under $200. Great value!
— Open Table diner 5/2011.
- It was my first time here, and I am impressed. Nice, cozy atmosphere. Friendly wait staff. Great food, especially the fettucini all ossobuco. You will not be disappointed. I will definitely be back.
— Yelp review 7/2011.